SQUEAKMAP QUESTION

stéphane ducasse-2
hi

I would like to know how we can make sure that people to not get
problems with squeakmap
using 3.9.
So what is the magic invocation to make sure that squeakmap works out
of the box.

Thanks

Re: SQUEAKMAP QUESTION

Göran Krampe
Hi Stephane!

Why the capital letters in the subject? Anyway...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hi
>
> I would like to know how we can make sure that people to not get
> problems with squeakmap
> using 3.9.
>
> So what is the magic invocation to make sure that squeakmap works out
> of the box.

It depends a bit on what kind of approach you want to use. We can either
ship the image with a map in it already - but it will of course be
outdated in no time and it consumes ram. So I advocate shipping an
"empty" image (with all the code, but no actual SMSqueakMap instance in
it).

I am at work right now, but I can take a look later tonight at the
latest 3.9 image and send you a .cs that does the trick, ok?

regards, Göran

Re: SQUEAKMAP QUESTION

stéphane ducasse-2
keystrokes problem and too bu/lazy to fix

> Why the capital letters in the subject? Anyway...
>
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> I would like to know how we can make sure that people to not get
>> problems with squeakmap
>> using 3.9.
>>
>> So what is the magic invocation to make sure that squeakmap works out
>> of the box.
>
> It depends a bit on what kind of approach you want to use. We can
> either
> ship the image with a map in it already - but it will of course be
> outdated in no time and it consumes ram. So I advocate shipping an
> "empty" image (with all the code, but no actual SMSqueakMap
> instance in
> it).

How can I do that?

> I am at work right now, but I can take a look later tonight at the
> latest 3.9 image and send you a .cs that does the trick, ok?

Ok no problem, I'm working on getting the last fixes in the image to
go beta.

Stef