Save project thumbnail as image

Juliano Bittencourt

    Hi everybody,

    I'm interested in create a script that takes an .pr and outputs a
project thumbnail as a png image. I searched the code that loads the
project to etoys, but was unable to find were it generates the project
thumbnails that is showed up after loading. Any hints?

     Best,

     Juliano

Re: Save project thumbnail as image

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Juliano,

you can try the following expression (in a browser or a workspace)

  World asSnapshotThumbnail openInWorld

and if that's what you wanted then find out what #asSnapshotThumbnail does.

HTH.

/Klaus

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:49:41 +0200, Juliano Bittencourt wrote:

>     Hi everybody,
>
>     I'm interested in create a script that takes an .pr and outputs a
> project thumbnail as a png image. I searched the code that loads the
> project to etoys, but was unable to find were it generates the project
> thumbnails that is showed up after loading. Any hints?
>
>      Best,
>
>      Juliano

Re: Re: Save project thumbnail as image

Bert Freudenberg
Also, a .pr file is just a zip file, and should contain a little
thumbnail as .gif.

- Bert -

On Sep 30, 2007, at 16:54 , Klaus D. Witzel wrote:

> Hi Juliano,
>
> you can try the following expression (in a browser or a workspace)
>
>  World asSnapshotThumbnail openInWorld
>
> and if that's what you wanted then find out what
> #asSnapshotThumbnail does.
>
> HTH.
>
> /Klaus
>
> On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:49:41 +0200, Juliano Bittencourt wrote:
>

>>     Hi everybody,
>>
>>     I'm interested in create a script that takes an .pr and
>> outputs a project thumbnail as a png image. I searched the code
>> that loads the project to etoys, but was unable to find were it
>> generates the project thumbnails that is showed up after loading.
>> Any hints?
>>
>>      Best,
>>
>>      Juliano

Re: Save project thumbnail as image

Has van der Krieken
Hello Juliano,

Maybe Project>>makeThumbnail is an option. It's returns a Form, so can
do with it whatever you like. You can inspect your current projects
with Project allInstances.

Regards, Has.