Saving Code (not publishing): How?

12

Re: Saving Code (not publishing): How?

Hunter-2
James,

John McKeon suggested using a different database for the repository.
I took hissuggestion to go away from the defaul sqlite and use a
Postgresql database as a respository (I thought this might be less
desireable and also didn't want whatever was causing the sqlite issue
to cause other issues down the line if I didn't solve it). It works! I
can actually start working in Smalltalk!

On Apr 11, 10:38 am, James Robertson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> well, you could fire up vwnc, and load the SQLlite driver, and see if it works
>
> On Apr 11, 2010, at 10:51 AM, Hunter wrote:
>

> > Just tried that and shutdown Webvelocity, relaunched Webvelocity,
> > defined database, mapped some classes - tried to publish: same error.
> > Seems sqlite isn't installed properly. Is there a way to test that
> > independent of Webvelocity?
>
> > On Apr 11, 1:10 am, James Robertson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> try putting it into Windows\system32

Re: Saving Code (not publishing): How?

Michael Lucas-Smith-2
I'm very glad we have an answer that can keep you going but it disturbs
me that sqlite wasn't working. We'll have to look in to this some more.
At least now we know what the error looked like for you, we'll be able
to recognize it more easily.

Michael

On 4/17/10 8:37 AM, Hunter wrote:

> James,
>
> John McKeon suggested using a different database for the repository.
> I took hissuggestion to go away from the defaul sqlite and use a
> Postgresql database as a respository (I thought this might be less
> desireable and also didn't want whatever was causing the sqlite issue
> to cause other issues down the line if I didn't solve it). It works! I
> can actually start working in Smalltalk!
>
> On Apr 11, 10:38 am, James Robertson<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> well, you could fire up vwnc, and load the SQLlite driver, and see if it works
>>
>> On Apr 11, 2010, at 10:51 AM, Hunter wrote:
>>

>>> Just tried that and shutdown Webvelocity, relaunched Webvelocity,
>>> defined database, mapped some classes - tried to publish: same error.
>>> Seems sqlite isn't installed properly. Is there a way to test that
>>> independent of Webvelocity?

Re: Saving Code (not publishing): How?

John McKeon
For what it's worth, using my VPS (Win2003 Server 64-bit virtual machine), I am able to:

1) Attempt to connect to the personal repository configured to use SQLite3, and get the error: External Object not found
2) Copy the sqlite3.dll to the WINDOWS/SysWOW64 directory
3) Connect to the sqlite3 configured repository and publish without error

I am sad to admit, I probably went through all this sometime back when I first got the VPS but never reported anything. I have been using a Postgres repository for some time so I probably forgot about the issue, and frankly, probably figured it was something I caused as I think I just copied everything up to the server, including code parceled out to disk, etc etc.

Anyway, I hope you find this useful

John

On 4/17/10 8:37 AM, Hunter wrote:
[...]

http://john-mckeon.us/seaside