Saving DNU for later

Tim Johnson
Hi,

I was saving a few DNU debug opportunities "to be investigated later" just by minimizing
their windows.  Today though I have been clearing out cruft.  It appears that my few DNU
saves are holding on to some objects I would like to get rid of, but I don't want to get rid of
these DNUs!  How can I save them for later?  If I "fileOut" from the debug stack's menu, it
only files out the class method.  I could "mail out bug report," but then I think it will go to
the squeak-dev mailing list and people will yell at me.  I could get out a piece of paper and a
pencil, but that would take a while.  I guess I could take a screenshot...

I could have sworn there was some way to just get the stack as text and save to a file, wasn't
there?

Thanks,
TimJ

[super-ideally, I could just hit a button, and the issue would be sent to someone who cares,
or to Mantis, or into some other bit bucket, so I'm not sitting here pretending I can debug
Morphic or streams...]

Re: Saving DNU for later

Tim Johnson
Replying to myself:

OK, the solution I have right now is to zoom in (halo) on the debug window until I get to the
PluggableList, then from the red Menu button, I select "copy list to clipboard".  This gives me
a textual representation.  (I tried doing "copy & print... > copy text" but it caused another
DNU,  OrderedCollection doesNotUnderstand: #asText).

Is this the best/only way, digging into a morph's internals?  I shouldn't complain, I guess,
since it's pretty cool to just dig at a UI's internals to get what you want.

Thanks,
TimJ

> I was saving a few DNU debug opportunities "to be investigated
> later" just by minimizing
> their windows.  Today though I have been clearing out cruft.  It
> appears that my few DNU
> saves are holding on to some objects I would like to get rid of,
> but I don't want to get rid of
> these DNUs!  How can I save them for later?  If I "fileOut" from
> the debug stack's menu, it
> only files out the class method.  I could "mail out bug report,"
> but then I think it will go to
> the squeak-dev mailing list and people will yell at me.  I could
> get out a piece of paper and a
> pencil, but that would take a while.  I guess I could take a
> screenshot...
> I could have sworn there was some way to just get the stack as text
> and save to a file, wasn't
> there?
>
> Thanks,
> TimJ
>
> [super-ideally, I could just hit a button, and the issue would be
> sent to someone who cares,
> or to Mantis, or into some other bit bucket, so I'm not sitting
> here pretending I can debug
> Morphic or streams...]

Re: Saving DNU for later

Zulq Alam-2
Hi Tim,

You can use mail out bug report. You get to preview the email before it
is sent. You can then either change the To: and send it yourself or copy
the text you require.

- Zulq.

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was saving a few DNU debug opportunities "to be investigated later" just by minimizing
> their windows.  Today though I have been clearing out cruft.  It appears that my few DNU
> saves are holding on to some objects I would like to get rid of, but I don't want to get rid of
> these DNUs!  How can I save them for later?  If I "fileOut" from the debug stack's menu, it
> only files out the class method.  I could "mail out bug report," but then I think it will go to
> the squeak-dev mailing list and people will yell at me.  I could get out a piece of paper and a
> pencil, but that would take a while.  I guess I could take a screenshot...
>
> I could have sworn there was some way to just get the stack as text and save to a file, wasn't
> there?
>
> Thanks,
> TimJ
>
> [super-ideally, I could just hit a button, and the issue would be sent to someone who cares,
> or to Mantis, or into some other bit bucket, so I'm not sitting here pretending I can debug
> Morphic or streams...]

Re: Re: Saving DNU for later

Tim Johnson
Excellent!  Thank you.