Saving a number of classes' categories

lanas
Hello,

  I've started to take a look at Squeak and now that I'm trying an
AbstractFactory, I've made a series of classes categories, mushc like
so:

Car
CarParts
CarAssembler
CarPartFactory

Each of these categories contains one or more classes.

Now, I would like to save all these related categories in one
file/package so that I know I can retrieve easily the whole kit later
without having to make 4 fileIns (or more if more categories are added).

Is there a way to do this ?

Cheers,
Al

Re: Saving a number of classes' categories

tblanchard
Change the naming convention to

Car
Car-Parts
Car-Assembler
Car-PartFactory

This naming convention produces a single Monticello package named Car
with several sub-packages.
You'll see this if you open a Package Pane Browser and see how it
displays things (amber window) with a reglar class browser (green
window).

Le Dimanche 15 Octobre 2006 22:23, Todd Blanchard a écrit :

> Change the naming convention to
>
> Car
> Car-Parts
> Car-Assembler
> Car-PartFactory
>
> This naming convention produces a single Monticello package named Car
> with several sub-packages.
> You'll see this if you open a Package Pane Browser and see how it
> displays things (amber window) with a reglar class browser (green
> window).

I wasn't aware of the Package Browser so far, but it seems its functionality
is somewhat limited as it seems to only offer another kind of view of
categories and classes.  It does show the Car package when renamed like
above, but I did not find the option to save (eg. file out ?) this Car
package.

And the Monticello browser does not even show the Car package once renamed
like above.

So I've tried to use one change browser to save the Car category and it worked
once.  Then I filed in the resulting .cs on another machine.  After modifying
the category a bit, I tried to use the change browser once more on this other
machine but it only showed deleted Car classes (there was a previous Car
category that I deleted prior to file in the change set).

So the question remains.

Cheers,
Al