Scarlet SmallTalk

johnmci
At Esug 2019 today LabWare announced and open sourced (MIT) a new Smalltalk to JavaScript translator.

Slides can be found on the Esug 2019 website.

Also see

John M. McIntosh. Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd https://www.linkedin.com/in/smalltalk

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile

Re: Scarlet SmallTalk

Bert Freudenberg
On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 8:48 AM John M McIntosh <[hidden email]> wrote:
At Esug 2019 today LabWare announced and open sourced (MIT) a new Smalltalk to JavaScript translator.

Slides can be found on the Esug 2019 website.

Also see

John M. McIntosh. Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd https://www.linkedin.com/in/smalltalk

Awesome! Code looks real nice.

Can you still fix the misspelling in the project name? Smalltalk has no capital T - or is that tongue-in-cheek for "we know it's not a Real Smalltalk"? Genuinely curious.

- Bert -

Re: Scarlet SmallTalk

Michael Rueger

> Can you still fix the misspelling in the project name? Smalltalk has no capital T - or is that tongue-in-cheek for "we
> know it's not a Real Smalltalk"? Genuinely curious.

the latter, John insisted ;-)

Need to package up the compiler as a squeaksource package, compiling from within Squeak is superfast

Michael