Scoped Senders

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
How do I find the senders of a message, but just in a certain set of packages?

Thanks.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Scoped Senders

Camillo Bruni-3

=> create a refactoring scope (I don't know the menu entry, but the shortcut is: CMD-B CMD-R CMD-R (browse restricted regular expression)

if you look for senders there you will only see the ones in your current scope.
I am currently working on getting a nice scope/environment selector working that we
then can add to all tools like senders / implementors and refactorings.

On 2013-09-26, at 11:39, "Sean P. DeNigris" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How do I find the senders of a message, but just in a certain set of
> packages?
>
> Thanks.
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Scoped Senders

Goubier Thierry
In AltBrowser, double click on the package you want, in the resulting
package-scoped browser, choose the method and select sendersOf in the
context menu :)

(It may not be working completely at the moment)

By hand, write the following.

Create a RBEnvironment:

| rbp |
rbp := RBBrowserEnvironment new forPackages: { }.

Then do the senders search on it:

rbp referencesTo: aSelector in: rbp

Thierry

Le 26/09/2013 16:39, Sean P. DeNigris a écrit :

> How do I find the senders of a message, but just in a certain set of
> packages?
>
> Thanks.
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Thierry Goubier
CEA list
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
France
Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95

Re: Scoped Senders

Goubier Thierry

Le 26/09/2013 16:58, Goubier Thierry a écrit :

> In AltBrowser, double click on the package you want, in the resulting
> package-scoped browser, choose the method and select sendersOf in the
> context menu :)
>
> (It may not be working completely at the moment)
>
> By hand, write the following.
>
> Create a RBEnvironment:
>
> | rbp |
> rbp := RBBrowserEnvironment new forPackages: { }.
>
> Then do the senders search on it:
>
> rbp referencesTo: aSelector in: rbp

Sorry, should be

        rbp referencesTo: aSelector

Thierry

> Thierry
>
> Le 26/09/2013 16:39, Sean P. DeNigris a écrit :
>> How do I find the senders of a message, but just in a certain set of
>> packages?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> -----
>> Cheers,
>> Sean
>> --

Thierry Goubier
CEA list
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
France
Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95

Re: Scoped Senders

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator

=> create a refactoring scope (I don't know the menu entry, but the shortcut is: CMD-B CMD-R CMD-R (browse restricted regular expression)
Thank you, perfect!
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Scoped Senders

Ben Coman
Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> How do I find the senders of a message, but just in a certain set of
> packages?
>
> Thanks.
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Perhaps not exactly what you want, but I often do something similar
using the Finder - clicking the <Choose Packages>, then later changing
the search to 'Source'.  btw, then I also set the window to <Make
unclosable> and <Change title..> to identify the subset.  I often have
several of these 'permanent' Finders open.  Actually I've considered
adding tabs to the Finder to consolidate these but haven't got to it yet.

cheers -ben