Scratch Project

James-241
Dear Squeakers:

I would like to hire somebody who knows Squeak & Scratch to write a USB connection utility for Scratch.

I have a simple hardware board that I would like to use to help teach Scratch Programming & electronics at the same time...

Thanks
James

Re: Scratch Project

Karl-19
James wrote:

> Dear Squeakers:
>
> I would like to hire somebody who knows Squeak & Scratch to write a
> USB connection utility for Scratch.
>
> I have a simple hardware board that I would like to use to help teach
> Scratch Programming & electronics at the same time...
>
> Thanks
> James

How is your board different from the Scratch board you can buy from the
Scrach site, and what do you need implemented ?

Karl

Re: Scratch Project

Jens Mönig
Sounds very interesting!

I've published a first-step tutorial on how to create custom blocks for Scratch in Squeak:

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Jens/75626
http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=16310#p16310

and a Squeak extension for Scratch-to-XML conversion:

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Jens/93504
http://map.squeak.org/accountbyid/9c9c23db-68a3-429b-b78c-dd76c31aac29/package/54988948-a27c-40dd-b214-873f259d13c0

This should get you going on the Scratch/Squeak side. Hardware connection would require some experimentation, since Scratch is built on a heavily customized version of Squeak 2.8 (e.g. FFI was taken out). If I can be of assistance, please contact me.

James-241 wrote
Dear Squeakers:

I would like to hire somebody who knows Squeak & Scratch to write a USB connection utility for Scratch.

I have a simple hardware board that I would like to use to help teach Scratch Programming & electronics at the same time...

Thanks
James

Re: Scratch Project

Noury Bouraqadi
Hi James,

Would you like providing more details about your offer (location, salary, ...)
before I add it to my Smalltalk jobs web site
http://vst.ensm-douai.fr/noury/SmalltalkJobAndInternshipOffers

Regards,
Noury

Selon James <[hidden email]>:

> Dear Squeakers:
>
> I would like to hire somebody who knows Squeak & Scratch to write a USB
> connection utility for Scratch.
>
> I have a simple hardware board that I would like to use to help teach Scratch
> Programming & electronics at the same time...
>
> Thanks
> James

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Responsable de l'enseignement informatique
Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I. A.
http://vst.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org