Script to copy all dependencies

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Dale. I hope your return trip to home was fine. I've just arrived today :)

Please, before answering this email, read the one I alraedy sent with subject: ''

Now....after rereading my email now I have a doubt....you sent an script few weeks ago to automatically copy all dependencies to another repo.

If I do that with ConfigurationOfGrease for example, I know that Grease-Core will be copied to that repo and all the rest of the packages too. But what happens with project references?  are others confs copied into that repo too?
For example, in this case, is ConfigurationOfRefactoringBrowser copied into the repo also?

Summary, only normal packages are copied or project references classes too ?

thanks

mariano

Re: Script to copy all dependencies

Dale Henrichs
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi Dale. I hope your return trip to home was fine. I've just arrived
> today :)
>
> Please, before answering this email, read the one I alraedy sent with
> subject: ''
>
> Now....after rereading my email now I have a doubt....you sent an script
> few weeks ago to automatically copy all dependencies to another repo.
>
> If I do that with ConfigurationOfGrease for example, I know that
> Grease-Core will be copied to that repo and all the rest of the packages
> too. But what happens with project references?  are others confs copied
> into that repo too?
> For example, in this case, is ConfigurationOfRefactoringBrowser copied
> into the repo also?
>
> Summary, only normal packages are copied or project references classes too ?
>
> thanks
>
> mariano

Mariano,

I am just coming out of jet lag:) But the return flight was much better
than I expected as I was actually able to get some sleep on the flight
home ... spending 24 hours straight on travel getting some sleep is
criticial:)

I hope you had a good trip home as well. It was certainly fun to meet
you and work with you in person!

The algorithm that I sent out will copy the configuration and mcz files
for the given config as well as _all_ referenced projects to the target
repository. It is possible to filter out configs if you want or to not
traverse into project references, but I think that it is best to pull
_everything_ that is needed by the project including project references ...

Dale

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

hehehehe I was exauted and just traveled to France ;)

I hope you had a good trip home as well. It was certainly fun to meet you and work with you in person!

As said, the pleasure was mine

The algorithm that I sent out will copy the configuration and mcz files for the given config as well as _all_ referenced projects to the target repository. It is possible to filter out configs if you want or to not traverse into project references, but I think that it is best to pull _everything_ that is needed by the project including project references ...

Excellent!!! that's what I wanted :)
I have this question because of the other mail (about Pharo and Metacello)

Thanks Dale

Mariano