Scripts from command line in Squeak 3.9

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
Hello,
i know 3.9 version is beta :) however if i try to launch a script:

squeak -- file.st

I get an error in the world that says "No contents to install" because the
stream is nil.
Since CodeLoader uses the http request, i guess that the latter doesn't
understand the string "file:file.st"...
Any thought?

Bye.

www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about computer technologies

Re: Scripts from command line in Squeak 3.9

stéphane ducasse-2
But because this is beta this is important to report problems like
that :)
So create a bug report on mantis

On 1 juin 06, at 19:27, Bruno Luca wrote:

> Hello,
> i know 3.9 version is beta :) however if i try to launch a script:
>
> squeak -- file.st
>
> I get an error in the world that says "No contents to install"
> because the stream is nil.
> Since CodeLoader uses the http request, i guess that the latter
> doesn't understand the string "file:file.st"...
> Any thought?
>
> Bye.
>
> --
> www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about computer technologies

Re: Scripts from command line in Squeak 3.9

Ned Konz
Bruno Luca wrote:

> Hello,
> i know 3.9 version is beta :) however if i try to launch a script:
>
> squeak -- file.st
>
> I get an error in the world that says "No contents to install" because
> the stream is nil.
> Since CodeLoader uses the http request, i guess that the latter doesn't
> understand the string "file:file.st"...
> Any thought?

Did you try a full URL?

squeak -- file:///path/to/file.st

--
Ned Konz
[hidden email]
http://bike-nomad.com

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 19:45:14 +0200, Ned Konz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bruno Luca wrote:
>> Hello,
>> i know 3.9 version is beta :) however if i try to launch a script:
>>  squeak -- file.st
>>  I get an error in the world that says "No contents to install" because
>> the stream is nil.
>> Since CodeLoader uses the http request, i guess that the latter doesn't
>> understand the string "file:file.st"...
>> Any thought?
>
> Did you try a full URL?
>

> squeak -- file:///path/to/file.st

Yes, it works fine. Shouldn't file.st work as well too?

--
www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about computer technologies