SearchBar oddity

K K Subbu
Hi,

SearchBar behaves oddly when I print expressions in it.

  * Enter 3+4 in search bar
  * ALT/CMD-p to print
  * A small widget pops up below the bar with the result 7
  * It doesn't disappear when you click elsewhere.
  * I had to bring up a halo to delete it.
  * Clicking back in the search bar and pressing enter also dismisses it.

This is in latest Squeak 6.0alpha-19714 64b on Linux.

Regards .. Subbu

Re: SearchBar oddity

Chris Muller-3
Hi Subbu,

SearchBar behaves oddly when I print expressions in it.

  * Enter 3+4 in search bar
  * ALT/CMD-p to print
  * A small widget pops up below the bar with the result 7

The Search bar is only good for input, so its scratch pad is used for print output.  The scratch pad is supposed to disappear on lost focus or pressing of ESCape.

  * It doesn't disappear when you click elsewhere.

That's a bug.

 - Chris

Re: SearchBar oddity

marcel.taeumel
Hi Chris.

The scratch pad is supposed to disappear on lost focus or pressing of ESCape.

It does that if "use scratch pad" is actually enabled in the preferences. That other thing is not the actual scratch pad, I suppose.

Best,
Marcel

Hi Subbu,