Searching squeak-dev?

timrowledge
I swear I used to have a bookmark for a page that enabled searching
of the squeak-dev archive. Can't find it any more. Where did it go?

tim
Any nitwit can understand computers.  Many do.

Re: Searching squeak-dev?

Tapple Gao
On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 01:41:30PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
> I swear I used to have a bookmark for a page that enabled searching
> of the squeak-dev archive. Can't find it any more. Where did it go?

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/608 perhaps?

Re: Searching squeak-dev?

Ken Causey-3
In general these sorts of things rely on the sitesearch function of
Google.  I think it's of value to remember this and be able to look it
up than to have to remember specific pages that implement it.

You can do this from any google search context by appending 'site:
lists.squeakfoundation.org' to then end of your search query.  Or even
to narrow it to some specific list 'site:
lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/', for example.

Ken

On 12-Jul-07, at 2:03 PM, Ken Causey wrote:

> In general these sorts of things rely on the sitesearch function of
> Google.  I think it's of value to remember this and be able to look it
> up than to have to remember specific pages that implement it.
>
> You can do this from any google search context by appending 'site:
> lists.squeakfoundation.org' to then end of your search query.  Or even
> to narrow it to some specific list 'site:
> lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/', for example.
>
> Ken
>
> On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 13:47 -0700, Matthew Fulmer wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 01:41:30PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
>>> I swear I used to have a bookmark for a page that enabled searching
>>> of the squeak-dev archive. Can't find it any more. Where did it go?
>>
>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/608 perhaps?

Thanks folks. Having a bookmark for the swiki page is useful but Ken
is quite correct that one ought to learn to take full advantage of
google.

tim
I am still waiting for the advent of the computer science groupie.

Re: Searching squeak-dev?

Simon Michael
Also, there's the form on http://squeak.joyful.com/ , which I find handy.

Re: Searching squeak-dev?