Seaside Builder preview

hernanmd
Hello list,

I've been working on the development of an interface builder for Seaside (see also <a href="http://www.nabble.com/Web-controls-for-Seaside-t3929461.html" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> http://www.nabble.com/Web-controls-for-Seaside-t3929461.html ). Although isn't ready yet for deployment, I think it would be available at the end of this year or first months of 2008. Anyway, I did a video for those who want to see the current progress:

(19Mb)

If anybody has recommendations or comments, I'll be glad to read them.

Hernán

Re: Seaside Builder preview

Chris Cunnington-5
Re: Seaside Builder preview
This is really great. I’m looking forward to seeing more of this. I thought a while ago that an interface similar to Dreamweaver or Visual Basic would be a great way to ease people into Smalltalk. Especially for the sake of building websites.

Chris

Re: Seaside Builder preview

Jason Johnson-5
Awesome.  Glad someone is doing this.

On 10/16/07, Hernán Morales <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I've been working on the development of an interface builder for Seaside
> (see also
> http://www.nabble.com/Web-controls-for-Seaside-t3929461.html
> ). Although isn't ready yet for deployment, I think it would be available at
> the end of this year or first months of 2008. Anyway, I did a video for
> those who want to see the current progress:
>
>  http://smartware.com.ar/builder.avi
> http://cs.hernanmorales.com.ar/SeasideBuilder.avi
> (19Mb)
>
>  If anybody has recommendations or comments, I'll be glad to read them.
>
> Hernán

Re: Seaside Builder preview

Michael Davies-2
>  http://smartware.com.ar/builder.avi
> http://cs.hernanmorales.com.ar/SeasideBuilder.avi
> (19Mb)

Hi Hernán,
I'm afraid that you've hit your bandwidth limit on your personal site.
The larger .avi at smartware.com downloads okay, but it seems to be
tricky to watch. Could you advise which players it should work
through?

Thanks,
Michael

Re: Seaside Builder preview

hernanmd
Hi Michael. The video is the same in both servers. I watched the video with Crystal Player and latest Windows Media Player without problems. Sadly I have no patience for shrinking its size, although I've tried it. Sorry for that, maybe someone here can recommend a working video capturing software + codec for doing this kind of things?
Salut!

Hernán

PS: There's a program called GSpot which can tell you which codec you need to play a file. This video was encoded with "Microsoft Video 1", not my preferred choice BTW.

2007/10/17, Michael Davies <[hidden email]>:
>  http://smartware.com.ar/builder.avi
> http://cs.hernanmorales.com.ar/SeasideBuilder.avi
> (19Mb)

Hi Hernán,
I'm afraid that you've hit your bandwidth limit on your personal site.
The larger .avi at smartware.com downloads okay, but it seems to be
tricky to watch. Could you advise which players it should work
through?

Thanks,
Michael

Re: Seaside Builder preview

Brian Brown-2
On windows get Wink  - http://www.debugmode.com/wink

Then you flash movies and can make them small very easily.

- Brian