Seaside Cookies and Test Class WACookieTest

Seaside Cookies and Test Class WACookieTest

Tim Krieg
Hi,
I'm running an older version of Glass (GEMSTONE: 2.3.0 with Seaside 2.8), and needed to read some cookies being populated from JavaScript Http requests results.  Some of the data being returned include the characters of $= and $?.  When I read the cookies in my Glass application, those characters are missing.

I then tried adding cookies using the Glass provided class WACookieTest, and keyed in a string value that include the characters $= and $?.  Those characters are being excluded when the cookie value is rendered on the tests web page.

Have others ran into this too?
Thanks,
Tim

Re: [Glass] Seaside Cookies and Test Class WACookieTest

GLASS mailing list
Tim ... it has been a long time since I have worked with Seaside2.8 ... a very long time .... I'm not even sure that I can easily bring up a system with Seaside2.8 installed:)

I know that even for Seaside3.0 there was a fair amount of work that went into getting the url encoding/decoding done right...

If you need help debugging this, perhaps a screen shot of the cookie test browse screen (with missing chars) and the source code of the cookie test would be place to start ...

Dale

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Tim Krieg via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I'm running an older version of Glass (GEMSTONE: 2.3.0 with Seaside 2.8),
and needed to read some cookies being populated from JavaScript Http
requests results.  Some of the data being returned include the characters of
$= and $?.  When I read the cookies in my Glass application, those
characters are missing.

I then tried adding cookies using the Glass provided class WACookieTest, and
keyed in a string value that include the characters $= and $?.  Those
characters are being excluded when the cookie value is rendered on the tests
web page.

Have others ran into this too?
Thanks,
Tim

Re: [Glass] Seaside Cookies and Test Class WACookieTest

Tim Krieg
Hi Dale,
I did get this working by encoding the data in my javascript before storing it in the cookie, and now when Seaside gets the cookies from the WARequest>>cookies method the characters that were missing are now encoded.  I then can return the encoded values back to javascript, if needed.

It's appears to be working as expected now.

I really do need to get current with GLASS.  ;-)

Thanks for the reply, and take care.
Tim