Seaside user accounts / authentication package

Seaside user accounts / authentication package

Albert Vonpupp
Hello,

I have to develop an academic project on Seaside and I have to implement user accounting / authentication to log into the system. I'm a total newbie to Squeak / Seaside but this is a quite common task so I guess there is probably a package that I could use for that. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Seaside user accounts / authentication package

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Albert Vonpupp wrote
I have to develop an academic project on Seaside and I have to implement
user accounting / authentication to log into the system. I'm a total newbie
to Squeak / Seaside but this is a quite common task so I guess there is
probably a package that I could use for that. Any suggestions?
Hi Albert! Welcome :) I've researched this a few times, but can't remember off the top of head... I think pier has this built in. I would search the Seaside list and then ask there if you still have questions.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Seaside user accounts / authentication package

Tobias Pape
Hi Albert

Am 16.04.2013 um 23:57 schrieb Albert Vonpupp <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> I have to develop an academic project on Seaside and I have to implement user accounting / authentication to log into the system. I'm a total newbie to Squeak / Seaside but this is a quite common task so I guess there is probably a package that I could use for that. Any suggestions?

The Seaside Tutorial[1] covers a basic authentication scheme in chapter 6

Hope that helps.

Best
        -Tobias

[1] http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/seaside/tutorial?

Re: Seaside user accounts / authentication package

Albert Vonpupp
Thanks a lot for your help!

That's what I was looking for.

--

Albert.

http://www.albertdelafuente.com

Re: Seaside user accounts / authentication package

Paul DeBruicker
I think this is really what you want:

http://www.squeaksource.com/TFLogin.html

Also there is a Seaside specific mailing list here:

That will probably be more helpful for you