Select Text entered since the last mouse click

Select Text entered since the last mouse click

Wolfgang Helbig-2
Hi,
the Red Book describes that feature of the text editor in the workspace,
that I miss in Squeak.
The "escape" key selects the text entered since the last mouse click.
Is this feature still available in Squeak?

thanks,

whg

Re: Select Text entered since the last mouse click

Scott Wallace
Hi, Wolfgang,

To select the current type-in, hit cmd-shift-M.

Cheers,

   -- Scott

PS:  Choose "command-key help" from the "help" menu to get a summary
of all command-key mappings.  You'll find this one, plus many other
little-known features, there.

Scott Wallace <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Wolfgang,
>
> To select the current type-in, hit cmd-shift-M.
>
> Cheers,
>
>    -- Scott
>
> PS:  Choose "command-key help" from the "help" menu to get a summary
> of all command-key mappings.  You'll find this one, plus many other
> little-known features, there.

Thank you for your fast reply, Scott,

I even have the command-key help open all the time -- but I guess
I didn't recognize that "current type-in" is what I need.

Sorry for my stupid question --

whg