Self-introduction

Frank Shearar
Hi everyone,

Since this is my first post to the crypto list, I thought I'd introduce
myself.

* I've been playing with Squeak (as in programming outside work) for a few
years now, and have a couple unfinished projects under my belt (*).
* I've been programming for a living for nearly ten years now, almost
entirely in Delphi, but with a smattering of REXX and the usual suspects
(C++, Java, C#).
* I've been interested in crypto for a few years now, primarily from a
number theory point of view, but also from a practical point of view (that
is, as someone desiring strong encryption/authentication/etc.). I'm an avid
reader of Bruce Schneier's work, owning copies of most of his books, and
following his blog.

Hopefully I can contribute something to this very important work!

frank

(*) The thing of which I'm most proud, and is closest to completion, is my
Image Map Editor project on SqueakSource. It's stalled because of lack of
time, but I eventually intend rewriting the GUI to fit Tweak). And then
there's my SIP stack, also stalled for lack of time. It doesn't help that
most of my day is spent working on a SIP stack
(http://www.ictrnid.org.uk/index.html?softlib.html).

RE: Self-introduction

Ron Teitelbaum
Welcome Frank,

It is very nice to have you here.  I have been following Bruce too and have
even tried a number of times to interview him for Squeak news.  He has
responded to me a few times but nothing worthy of quoting.  Chris has been
working with Practical Cryptography to try and bring some best practice
coding into or packages.  Thanks Chris.  I will add you as a developer to
the repository on squeak source, feel free to ask questions.  I will follow
up this email with a team update since the list has been quiet lately.

Ron Teitelbaum
Cryptography Team Leader