Services Browser

Unconditional
What is the Services Browser?

Under WorldMenuProvider, I see something that says
"NextWindow"

Can I use this tool to bind the NextWindow action to
say cmd-`?

(with the intention of having the squeak env, behave
in a fashion similar to a OSX cocoa app w/ multiple
windows.)

And...

Is there a document that introduces one to the various
browsers in squeak? Is there a documentation path for
these browsers in the squeak env? (other than reading
the source code)

And, in the spirit of "teach a man to fish".

If you (my new expert friends) were to open the Open
menu one day and find a new component in there that
you had never seen before, how would you proceed to
learn about it.

Thanks
Mark.

Re: Services Browser

Herbert König
Hello Mark,

MS> Is there a document that introduces one to the various
MS> browsers in squeak? Is there a documentation path for
MS> these browsers in the squeak env? (other than reading
MS> the source code)

Squeak by example has a chapter on this.

MS> If you (my new expert friends) were to open the Open
let's cross out the expert, spent just a bit more time :-))
MS> menu one day and find a new component in there that
MS> you had never seen before, how would you proceed to
MS> learn about it.

The first Alt click brings up the halo on the menu, the second one
narrows the halo to the menu item.

Choose "explore morph" in the debug handle. In the explorer look for
target, (a TheWorldMenu) selector (doMenuItem:With:) and arguments
(e.g. #(FileList #openFileDirectly)).

Then go fishing with the browser.

In case nobody replies on the rest, ask again with a new subject,
people might think I answered everything.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]