Shared Variables in Monticello Package

cnantais
Is there a way that a Monticello package can automatically initialize
a class or a set of shared system variables when it gets loaded into
an image?

I have build a package that relies on setting shared variables.  I've
got it so they can be set by initializing the class that depends on
them.  I just don't want to have to initialize the class manually
whenever I load the package into another image if I don't really have
to.

Thanks in advance.

Chad

Re: Shared Variables in Monticello Package

keith1y
As far as I know Monticello runs the class initialize methods on classes
it loads, "IF" they have changed.

This means that new users of your package should have all the
#initialize class methods run, and so that is where you can choose to
initialise such things.

Updates to your packages will not touch the initialization process
unless you change the method.

Keith

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html