Shortcuts for Dual Change Sorter

marcel.taeumel
Hi all!

I would like to have keyboard shortcuts for copy/move changes between change sets.

What would work? [cmd]+[m] for "move" and [cmd]+[shift]+[m] for "copy"? Unfortunately, the arrow keys cannot be caught at that point. [cmd]+[left/right] would have been a nice fit. Anyway, thoughts? Far away from [d] and [x], I suppose ... :-) Well, using [m] would mask "Implementors". Hmmm...

Goal: Make it easier to author change sets through the dual-change sorter.

Best,
Marcel

Re: Shortcuts for Dual Change Sorter

Christoph Thiede

Hi Marcel,

good point, interesting proposal! Personally, I use to do <esc> 'mov' <enter> and similar sequences, which might be a bit slower than real shortcuts, but more intuitive (at least for me). Consistent shortcuts would be great! :-)

What about <cmd>s (move) and <cmd>S (copy), derivated from the term "side"?

Btw, I would find drag'n'drop support very helpful for the change sorter, too. Ideally, also let's make it possible to move changes from one window into another one ... :D

Best,

Christoph

Carpe Squeak!

Re: Shortcuts for Dual Change Sorter

Jakob Reschke
Christoph Thiede wrote
> Btw, I would find drag'n'drop support very helpful for the change sorter,
> too. Ideally, also let's make it possible to move changes from one window
> into another one ... :D

+1, another option besides drag-n-drop would be cmd-c and cmd-v to copy and
paste items in either direction.

Christoph Thiede wrote
> What about
> <cmd>
> s (move) and
> <cmd>
> S (copy), derivated from the term "side"?

Cmd-s is usually accept or save, neither of which relates well to move or
copy.

Re: Shortcuts for Dual Change Sorter

timrowledge

> On 2020-10-11, at 1:23 PM, Jakob Reschke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Christoph Thiede wrote
>> Btw, I would find drag'n'drop support very helpful for the change sorter,
>> too. Ideally, also let's make it possible to move changes from one window
>> into another one ... :D
>
> +1, another option besides drag-n-drop would be cmd-c and cmd-v to copy and
> paste items in either direction.

If I could work out how to use drag and drop for theVMMakerTool lists 20 years ago I'm sure somebody should be able to do it for the dual change sorter lists. Definitely bonus points for supporting multiple selection and dragging the group, as well as <alt> for copy instead of move (or similar).

tim
Strange OpCodes: WFL: Wave FLag