Shortening flash: time to 50 ms

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi All,

    would anyone object if I set the DisplayScreen>>#flash: time to 50ms, down from 100ms?  I find the 100ms noticeably slow, and I'm getting on in years, so I feel that its unnecessarily slow for many others too.  So as I asked, any objections?

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: Shortening flash: time to 50 ms

marcel.taeumel
Hi, Eliot.

This is used only in MVC, right? :) Sure, you can reduce the delay, maybe even make a preference for it.

Out of curiosity, can when do you use DisplayScreen >> #flash:?
Why is #flash: different from #flash:andWait:? That is, why is there another delay at the end of the method?

Best,
Marcel

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 4:45 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Eliot.

This is used only in MVC, right? :) Sure, you can reduce the delay, maybe
even make a preference for it.

Thanks.

Out of curiosity, can when do you use DisplayScreen >> #flash:?
Why is #flash: different from #flash:andWait:? That is, why is there another
delay at the end of the method?

I don't.  I see it being used by code around the system.  I notice that Morph>>flash is tied to the world's refresh rate (IIUC).  Nice.

Best,
Marcel

best, Eliot