Simple Canvas(-like) interface for OpenGL?

Simple Canvas(-like) interface for OpenGL?

Yoshiki Ohshima-3
  Hello,

I'm looking for a very simple canvas like abstraction to rotate, scale
and translate several dozens of textured rectangles in Squeak on Mac.
It seems that I'd require some hardware support to get a reasonable
framerate so, I'm looking for an OpenGL-backed implementation.

CroquetGL (http://www.squeaksource.com/CroquetGL/) seems almost cover
the space but to support textures it seems that the textures depends
on the better set of Croquet objects.  GLMorphic
(http://www.squeaksource.com/GLMorphic) is Windows only.

What would be recommended here?  Maybe if there is a simple way to
just add texture support to the CroquetGL's core?

Thank you!

-- Yoshiki

Re: Simple Canvas(-like) interface for OpenGL?

LawsonEnglish
Hi. Both the Croquet OpenGL and NativeBoost OpenGL bindings will do what
you want.

Examples of what you can do with OpenGL on Squeak and Pharo using very
simple setup code can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD60480623B5B1382&feature=view_all

L.

--
Squeak from the very start (introduction to Squeak and Pharo Smalltalk for the (almost) complete and compleate beginner).
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6601A198DF14788D&feature=view_all

Re: Simple Canvas(-like) interface for OpenGL?

Yoshiki Ohshima-3
At Sun, 27 May 2012 19:49:31 -0700,
Lawson English wrote:

> Hi. Both the Croquet OpenGL and NativeBoost OpenGL bindings will do what
> you want.

Ah, I was under the impression that NativeBoost OpenGL bindings is for
Pharo and I did not mention it but it is an requirement that the stuff
should work in the trunk image (with the stock Cog VM).  But I'll
check it out.

> Examples of what you can do with OpenGL on Squeak and Pharo using very
> simple setup code can be found here:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD60480623B5B1382&feature=view_all

Before writing the previous email, I tried the tutorials but
"TextureGUI" was giving me a black rectangle so I assumed that it is
not quite ready.  But in the last movie, it appears to be working.
This is good news.  I'll explore it a bit more.

-- Yoshiki