Simple mini-language for 3D

Darius Clarke
While we're on the subject of scripting languages, have you seen
Flatland's 3DML language? The body section is interesting because it
uses text to visually describe the 3D scene. Each letter in a grid
represent some kind of block or ramp. Limited, but might help
beginners get a world running more quickly.
http://xuriel.com/docs/3dml_tutorial.html
Look under the <body> tag.

Simple mini-language for 3D

David Faught
This is a nice simple way to do level layout design, and it vaguely reminds me
of one version of the Citris project, where they allowed you to place objects
on a 2D floor plan, and then built the 3D space from the plan. I'm not sure
why they abandoned it in the later versions.