SimpleHierarchicalListMorph submorphsExample broken (selection)

SimpleHierarchicalListMorph submorphsExample broken (selection)

Christoph Thiede

Hi all,

[SimpleHierarchicalListMorph submorphsExample] does not work any longer properly, you cannot select any item in the tree. If I'm informed correctly, all list widgets are no longer designed to store the selection stand-alone unless their model notifies them about any updates? This would be a bit sad regression. (How) can we fix this example (before or after the release)?

Best,

Christoph

Carpe Squeak!

Re: SimpleHierarchicalListMorph submorphsExample broken (selection)

marcel.taeumel
Hi Christoph.

all list widgets are no longer designed to store the selection stand-alone unless their model notifies them about any updates

That's not a regression. Pluggable*Morphs did never store the selection themselves to be used in client code. They always relied on models to get notified about changes.  Whether that's a good decision lies somewhere else. :-)

The example works fine using the mouse. It also states "selected: nil", which means that selection is not supported in this example.

Best,
Marcel