Skeletal Animation example

David Faught
Some progress has been made in this project.  Take a look at the
movies on the project page at:
http://croquetconsortium.org/index.php/Skeletal_Animation_Example

The code will be made publicly available soon.  I think that we are
still looking for a nice content repository somewhere to make the
simple example star model available.  Is there a Consortium resource
somewhere for this?

It would be wonderful to get some talented artists, that are willing
to make at least some of their work freely available, involved in this
or other aspects of Croquet.  Got artists?

And since Halloween is coming up, I'm feeling a little like the
harbinger of death, project-wise.

Dave

Re: Skeletal Animation example

David Faught
The second movie was updated a little yesterday.  I added a segment
with the toonturtle model from http://www.psionic3d.co.uk, the same
place that the ninja model came from.  I looked at using his "beast"
model, but it has 50+ bones and I didn't feel like recoding the bones
limit again.

And now for a few related questions:

1. How do I play an animation "syncronously", so that if it is played
only once (playType: #action) I can do some other action when it
finishes?  Or is there a way to signal some other event when the
animation finishes?
2. How do I stop an animation that is set to loop (through playType: #cycle)?
3. What is the best way to adjust the playback speed?  The toonturtle
animations play back so quickly that a lot of the key frames are
actually skipped.  Or what playback speed should I target when
building animations?

Thanks for any help.
Dave