Skylark Theme and Squeak 3.9

Pavel Krivanek
Hi all,

LookEnhancements have very negative impact on speed of Squeak. So I
have tried to update my Skylark Theme for Squeak 3.9. It's only
testing version and it's not perfect but if you want to have faster
interface, try it. The test (without TTF and gradient background) with
opening of 30 browsers shows that it needs about 60% of time for this
operation. And it was about two times faster than Squeak 3.7 during
opening of 100 empty windows.

Download and here: http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/87

-- Pavel

Re: Skylark Theme and Squeak 3.9 - UPDATE

Geert Claes
Administrator
GeertC wrote
Newbie question: how do I use the Skylark theme? I have just installed Squeak 3.9 and downloaded the Skylark2.cs file. Whats next?
Just found it myself, just drop it in Squeak :)

Pavel Krivanek wrote
Hi all,

LookEnhancements have very negative impact on speed of Squeak. So I
have tried to update my Skylark Theme for Squeak 3.9. It's only
testing version and it's not perfect but if you want to have faster
interface, try it. The test (without TTF and gradient background) with
opening of 30 browsers shows that it needs about 60% of time for this
operation. And it was about two times faster than Squeak 3.7 during
opening of 100 empty windows.

Download and here: http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/87

-- Pavel

Re: Skylark Theme and Squeak 3.9

Damien Cassou-3
GeertC a écrit :
> Newbie question: how do I use the Skylark theme? I have just installed Squeak
> 3.9 and downloaded the Skylark2.cs file. Whats next?

I didn't tried, but I think there are different possibilities:

- drag&drop the file to the squeak desktop
- use file browser (open->file browser), select the file and click Install

Hope this helps