Slashdot article: Do Kids Still Program?

1 message Options

Slashdot article: Do Kids Still Program?

Daniel Ajoy-2

http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/04/28/2236239&threshold=2

"From his journal, hogghogg asks: "I keep finding myself in conversations
with tertiary educators in the hard sciences (Physics, Astronomy,
Chemistry, etc.) who note that even the geeks?those who voluntarily choose
to major in hard sciences?enter university never having programmed a
computer. When I was in grade six, the Commodore PET came out, and I
jumped at the opportunity to learn how to program it. Now, evidently, most
high school computer classes are about Word (tm) and Excel (tm). Is this a
bad thing? Should we care?" Do you think the desire to program computers
has declined in the younger generations? If so, what reasons might you
cite as the cause?"

Daniel

Visita nuestro sitio en http://www.small-land.org

Yahoo! Groups Links