[Smalltalk Positions]

szorin
Synchrony Systems is expanding its Professional Services and R&D departments in our Westchester, NY location.  We're looking for experienced hands-on Smalltalk engineers with strong skills in Object Technology. A candidate must have strong analytical skills; have good knowledge of modern application architectures and previous experience developing and/or coding to popular application frameworks. Additional Java and C# skills are a big plus.

Work on application re-engineering projects revamping legacy Smalltalk architectures to SOA. These projects include deep source code refactoring, de-coupling presentation semantics from the domain, componentization, namespace re-configuration and re-organization, dead-code analysis and removal and other design-upgrade related projects. Most of the work is done at Synchrony Westchester location. Some travel may be required.

Work with a senior advanced Smalltalk R&D team to develop and evolve Synchrony's flagship product SMT (Software Modernization Technology). SMT is a comprehensive analytical, refactoring and source code and UI transformation platform supporting all commercial Smalltalk platforms. Candidates must have strong VAST hands-development experience and deep knowledge of programming languages and type systems.

Synchrony Systems is known worldwide as a software migration and modernization company. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.synchronysystems.com.

Please, send your resume to:
Email: [hidden email]

To speak with us by phone, please contact Mr. Zorin at:
Phone: 914 332-7772 ext. 610
Fax: 914 332-7773

Re: [Smalltalk Positions]

Blake-5
Well, this sounds interesting, but I haven't used Visual Age Smalltalk in
years. (I was pretty good at it when I did, but it might take me a while
to catch up to the latest version.)

        ===Blake====

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 08:51:54 -0800, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Synchrony Systems is expanding its Professional Services and R&D
> departments in our Westchester, NY location.  We're looking for
> experienced hands-on Smalltalk engineers with strong skills in Object
> Technology. A candidate must have strong analytical sk
> ills; have good knowledge of modern application architectures and
> previous experience developing and/or coding to popular application
> frameworks. Additional Java and C# skills are a big plus.
>
> Work on application re-engineering projects revamping legacy Smalltalk
> architectures to SOA. These projects include deep source code
> refactoring, de-coupling presentation semantics from the domain,
> componentization, namespace re-configuration and re-org
> anization, dead-code analysis and removal and other design-upgrade
> related projects. Most of the work is done at Synchrony Westchester
> location. Some travel may be required.
>
> Work with a senior advanced Smalltalk R&D team to develop and evolve
> Synchrony's flagship product SMT (Software Modernization Technology).
> SMT is a comprehensive analytical, refactoring and source code and UI
> transformation platform supporting all comme
> rcial Smalltalk platforms. Candidates must have strong VAST
> hands-development experience and deep knowledge of programming languages
> and type systems.
>
> Synchrony Systems is known worldwide as a software migration and
> modernization company. For more information, please visit our website at
> http://www.synchronysystems.com.
>
> Please, send your resume to:
> Email: [hidden email]
>
> To speak with us by phone, please contact Mr. Zorin at:
> Phone: 914 332-7772 ext. 610
> Fax: 914 332-7773

Apology (was Re: [Smalltalk Positions])

Blake-5
Sorry for that last note; I thought it had come directly to me rather than
 from the list.

Apologies!

Re: [Smalltalk Positions]

Noury Bouraqadi
I added the offer to
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury/SmalltalkJobAndInternshipOffers

Noury
Le 7 mars 06, à 17:51, <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Synchrony Systems is expanding its Professional Services and R&D
> departments in our Westchester, NY location.  We're looking for
> experienced hands-on Smalltalk engineers with strong skills in Object
> Technology. A candidate must have strong analytical skills; have good
> knowledge of modern application architectures and previous experience
> developing and/or coding to popular application frameworks. Additional
> Java and C# skills are a big plus.
>
> Work on application re-engineering projects revamping legacy Smalltalk
> architectures to SOA. These projects include deep source code
> refactoring, de-coupling presentation semantics from the domain,
> componentization, namespace re-configuration and re-organization,
> dead-code analysis and removal and other design-upgrade related
> projects. Most of the work is done at Synchrony Westchester location.
> Some travel may be required.
>
> Work with a senior advanced Smalltalk R&D team to develop and evolve
> Synchrony's flagship product SMT (Software Modernization Technology).
> SMT is a comprehensive analytical, refactoring and source code and UI
> transformation platform supporting all commercial Smalltalk platforms.
> Candidates must have strong VAST hands-development experience and deep
> knowledge of programming languages and type systems.
>
> Synchrony Systems is known worldwide as a software migration and
> modernization company. For more information, please visit our website
> at http://www.synchronysystems.com.
>
> Please, send your resume to:
> Email: [hidden email]
>
> To speak with us by phone, please contact Mr. Zorin at:
> Phone: 914 332-7772 ext. 610
> Fax: 914 332-7773

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org