Smalltalk Software House

keithy

Dear All,

I am trying to deliver myself from the fate of having to seek gainful employment working with PHP/Javascript. I am wondering if anyone would be interested in joining forces to create a virtual Smalltalk software house.

I am somewhat surprised to find that React/Javascript appears to be occupying the very same cross platform non-native UI space that Squeak has had for so many years without making a significant impression.
I do wonder whether the fact that Oracle are charging for Java 11, and the potential of web assembly might give smalltalk a new lease of life.

ideas thoughts?

Keith

Re: Smalltalk Software House

keithy
Hi Tim,

I like the enthusiasm! My approach has always been to develop processes that facilitate collaborating, and sharing.

So if this idea has legs, there would certainly be opportunities to contribute no matter what your level of investment.

Keith