SmalltalkHub packages not accessible

GLASS mailing list
Hi all

I can not access packages from SmalltalkHub (anymore). Is it just my installation of (newest) GsDevKit, or does anybody else have this (major) error? In Pharo the packages are all accessible, but in GsDevKit the list of packages is always empty, on all SmalltalkHub resources!

For example, run this in GsDevKit shell (or use the UI to list packages):

**************************
mr packages http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main
**************************

There should be a couple packages, but the list ist empty. Did something change recently in the data format of SmalltalkHub?

(The big problem is, that I can not load projects which include some packages from SmalltalkHub. For instance Seaside3)

Cheers, Andreas

Re: SmalltalkHub packages not accessible

GLASS mailing list
Hi Brodbeck,

This doesn’t answer the question of why you’re not seeing packages on Smalltalk Hub, but for seaside, the main repo is now on GitHub.

To load using tODE try the following in a tODE shell:

——————————————————————
project install --url=http://gsdevkit.github.io/GsDevKit_home/Seaside32.ston
project load --loads=`#('CI')` Seaside3
mount @/sys/stone/dirs/Seaside3/tode /home seaside
seaside/gemServer --register=seaside --type=zinc --ports=`#(8383 8384)`
(or for just one port)
seaside/gemServer --register=seaside --type=zinc --port=8388
seaside/gemServer —restart=seaside
——————————————————————

Seaside should be accessible on the specified port.

I typically use the above method once per GsDevKit install to make sure the scripts referenced in the “mount” command are in the right place.

After that, for any new stone, you can load it from GitHub by running this in a workspace:

——————————————————————
GsDeployer deploy: [
Metacello new
        baseline: 'Seaside3';
        repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
        get;
        load: #('CI');
        lock
]
——————————————————————

Then run the “mount,” “register” and “restart” commands to get it up and running.

Dale has written some nice docs at:

https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/master/docs/gettingStartedWithSeaside.md

> On 27 Aug 2020, at 4:20 pm, Brodbeck Andreas via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I can not access packages from SmalltalkHub (anymore). Is it just my installation of (newest) GsDevKit, or does anybody else have this (major) error? In Pharo the packages are all accessible, but in GsDevKit the list of packages is always empty, on all SmalltalkHub resources!
>
> For example, run this in GsDevKit shell (or use the UI to list packages):
>
> **************************
> mr packages http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main
> **************************
>
> There should be a couple packages, but the list ist empty. Did something change recently in the data format of SmalltalkHub?
>
> (The big problem is, that I can not load projects which include some packages from SmalltalkHub. For instance Seaside3)
>
> Cheers, Andreas

Re: SmalltalkHub packages not accessible

GLASS mailing list
SmalltalkHub has been having some problems recently. This was (according
to the Pharo-Dev list) fixed sometime in the past few hours, though DNS
propagation might be still going on.

Regards,

-Martin

On 8/26/20 11:20 PM, Brodbeck Andreas via Glass wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I can not access packages from SmalltalkHub (anymore). Is it just my installation of (newest) GsDevKit, or does anybody else have this (major) error? In Pharo the packages are all accessible, but in GsDevKit the list of packages is always empty, on all SmalltalkHub resources!
>
> For example, run this in GsDevKit shell (or use the UI to list packages):
>
> **************************
> mr packages http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main
> **************************
>
> There should be a couple packages, but the list ist empty. Did something change recently in the data format of SmalltalkHub?
>
> (The big problem is, that I can not load projects which include some packages from SmalltalkHub. For instance Seaside3)
>
> Cheers, Andreas

Re: SmalltalkHub packages not accessible

GLASS mailing list

Brodbeck,

I've got a cron travis ci job that started failing yesterday sometime [1], and I just reran the failing seaside travis tests an hour ago and they are still failing. You might monitor this thread[2] on the pharo-dev list to see what the status is ... I scanned the pharo-dev messages and I'm not sure whether the failing travis tests are happening becuase the DNS records haven't propagated or the static db is somehow corrupted ... and at moment I don't have a stack with an explicit url (not enough info on travis failures) ...

On top of all of this I am working on getting GLASS/Seaside/GSDevKit_home working for 3.6.0 and that is the order that I am dealing with issues ... The http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dkh/metacello/main/Metacello-Base-dkh.109.mcz  issue was the first one I ran into and I am working on 3.6.0 GLASS issues right now and once that is clean I will be able to debug the Seaside issues --- if they are still present.

If you have a specific mcz file that appears to be missing, that will help the pharo folks to debug the problem...

As an FYI, when I hit www.smalltalkhub.com in a web browser, I am seeing what looks like the dynamic interface ... it does not look like a static site:

... but it certainly looks like there are packages showing up and I can download mcz files as this download works[4] however, when I hit [5]

which is consistent with the problem you are seeing (and I will report this information on the pharo-dev list ... so right now it is a bit confusing to me and all that I know is that things aren't working ... yet(?)

Dale

[1] https://travis-ci.org/github/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/builds/721523213
[2] http://forum.world.st/VOMongoConnectionError-when-dowloading-mcz-from-smalltalkhub-com-tt5120870.html

[3] http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/source

[4] http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main/Seaside-Swazoo-jf.19.mcz

[5] http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL

[...]

It looks like the issues with SmalltalkHub are now resolved and as a
side-effect SmalltalkHub is now running as a static site.

Dale