Software Freedom Conservancy report

1 message Options

Software Freedom Conservancy report

timrowledge
Each year we’re asked to report back to the SFC on what we’ve done. This is our current list to cover march ’13 up to march ’14; it is supposed to be concise and we may already be beyond that but if there is anything really important that needs to be added, speak up very soon.

- Squeak release 4.5 with the initial alpha implementation of Environments, a new name space system
- Jenkins-based automated builds and testing of the Squeak image for continuous integration and testing.
- RaspberryPi optimised and improved 'Scratch' system released (see http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/5742) and
featured at Smalltalk Industry Council '13 in Phoenix, and at Think'13 in Santa Cruz.
- 'State of Squeak' talk at FOSDEM '13 in Brussels ( http://tinyurl.com/p2ko4pe)
- New memory system development to further improve on the performance of the Cog VM.

tim
I'm so skeptical that I'm not sure I'm really a skeptic