Some challenges for the morphic team

Chris Muller

> Start to convert systematically the Tools to use the ToolBuilder
> abstraction.

Are these the tools that Monticello browsers are written in?  The
Monticello browsers seem to be fairly buggy (losing event handlers on
buttons after switching projects), with some display issues (turtle
droppings) and serious usability issues (i.e., resizing panes).  I
would expect these problems NOT be transferred to the legacy browsers.

BTW, why not the OmniBrowser abstraction?

Regards,
  Chris

Re: Some challenges for the morphic team

Stéphane Ducasse-3
>> Start to convert systematically the Tools to use the ToolBuilder
>> abstraction.
>
> Are these the tools that Monticello browsers are written in?  The
> Monticello browsers seem to be fairly buggy (losing event handlers on
> buttons after switching projects), with some display issues (turtle
> droppings) and serious usability issues (i.e., resizing panes).

I do not think that this has something to do with ToolBuilder.
But you can ask to Colin.

> I would expect these problems NOT be transferred to the legacy
> browsers.
>
> BTW, why not the OmniBrowser abstraction?

But this is not at the same level. ToolBuilder is just a was to avoid
direct reference to
a framework. Instead of hardcoding PopUpMenu everwhere, we rely on
UIManager.

Stef