Some feedback about the package organization

Some feedback about the package organization

stéphane ducasse-2
hi guys

I would like to know if you are thinking about reorganizing the
Morphic package
so that we can
        - remove stuff that is not working ex: CDScreenShotMorph
        - have a layered architecture
        so that we can unload package parts

Re: Some feedback about the package organization

Juan Vuletich
Hi Stef,

I wasn't thinking about it, but sounds good. What do you mean by "a layered
architecture"?
BTW, if I remember well, CDScreenShotMorph was touched about a month ago,
and I tested it as the contributor of the code said (was it Jerome?), and
everything looked fine... Let me take a look.

Cheers,
Juan

On 11 févr. 06, at 00:27, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> I wasn't thinking about it, but sounds good. What do you mean by "a
> layered architecture"?

instead of two big packages Morphic and Morphic Extras

I would like to have
        Morphic-Core
        Morphic-Widgets
        Morphic-Examples
        Morphic-ExtraWidgets
        Morphic-ExtraWidgets-Led
        Morphic-Oldies

(If we want we can have then another Packages named Morphic that only
contains (no code)
but just the other packages as required packages. I think that this
is the best way to manage configLine of entities
changing together. This way refactoring or cleaning Morphic would imply:
sure that we can remove part. but for now we do not
really need to worry about that.)

As an example...
The idea would be that we can remove as much as possible
and only load what we want:
        for example some packages such as LedMorph are excellent and well-
self contained and coherent
        while other are just a bag of stuff and other have lot of reference
to other packages

> BTW, if I remember well, CDScreenShotMorph was touched about a
> month ago, and I tested it as the contributor of the code said (was
> it Jerome?), and everything looked fine... Let me take a look.
For this one, I would put it into the
        MorphicSimpleExamples

Re: Some feedback about the package organization

Edgar J. De Cleene
stéphane ducasse puso en su mail :

> I would like to have
> Morphic-Core
> Morphic-Widgets
> Morphic-Examples
> Morphic-ExtraWidgets
> Morphic-ExtraWidgets-Led
> Morphic-Oldies

Fine for me.
I start  downloading Squeak3.9a-6720.
I try to see if the Graphviz package what I help for Mac works, and do class
diagrams as I do long time ago.
Think what a picture worth , so we could see how the existent classes could
group.

Edgar

Re: Some feedback about the package organization

Edgar J. De Cleene
Some days ago I said could do this kind of visual help for actual hierarchy
of Morphic.
I doing in .jpg as the last time not all could read the .svg format, some
classes produce huge files in .jpg.

Said if this help and do the rest.

Edgar

BalloonMMFlash class hierarchy.jpg (60K) Download Attachment