Something for the News Team? 'UNCW, School Districts Using "Squeak"'

Something for the News Team? 'UNCW, School Districts Using "Squeak"'

Michael Davies-2
Interesting press release here:
http://appserv02.uncw.edu/news/article.asp?ID=2148

I've extracted a one-paragraph summary suitable for posting to news.squeak.org:

"Teachers and students in North Carolina will soon be learning to use
"Squeak" software to create virtual models that simulate actual
science and math-related experiments. A grant-funded partnership
between the University of North Carolina Wilmington and the New
Hanover, Pender and Brunswick County schools is addressing concerns
over students' declining interest in computing by infusing IT skills
into the curriculum in grades 7-12. The three-year-long project will
work directly with about 75 educators who teach the Science,
Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) curricula and 150 of their
students. "

By the way, should there be an official 'news' address on the site
that such proposed articles could be sent to?

Michael

Re: Something for the News Team? 'UNCW, School Districts Using "Squeak"'

Brad Fuller-3
forwarded to the news team mailing list

--
brad fuller
 website:  www.bradfuller.com

On 22/05/07, Brad Fuller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> forwarded to the news team mailing list

Thanks Brad, address noted.

Re: Something for the News Team? 'UNCW, School Districts Using "Squeak"'

Giovanni Corriga
Il giorno mar, 22/05/2007 alle 20.56 +0100, Michael Davies ha scritto:
> Interesting press release here:
> http://appserv02.uncw.edu/news/article.asp?ID=2148

[...]

Thanks Michael!

I've published it on
http://news.squeak.org/2007/05/23/squeak-in-north-carolina-schools/ .

> By the way, should there be an official 'news' address on the site
> that such proposed articles could be sent to?

I've written a small page on the blog with all the information you need:
http://news.squeak.org/write-us/

        Ciao,

                Giovanni