Sorry, but I need to talk about

Americo Damasceno
I know that some guys will hate it, but I need to say that...

if you like to create "inteligent" Cobalt islands, you need to know programming
and the Smalltalk language.

So, we are beginning some lessons about this subject. The first lesson is at:

http://www.opencroquet.org/index.php/Island_Creator/Smalltalk:_Quick_Reference

And I would like also to present, to everybody, at our "cultural moments",  an
Argentine musician who tries to create a mix of Tango and Jazz. His name is
Astor Piazolla and you can see a YouTube video presenting his hit: "Adios
Nonino", at the   address:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCmP4bEJfOg&feature=related

Maybe it  has nothing related to this list. Maybe it has...

Sorry, but I need to talk about

Ankh'nAton
Hola Damasceno!

Doesn't Cobalt head towards a "creative user"?

I mean, if Cobalt had a scripting interface like e-Toys, everybody could learn
how to activate programmed or imported objects.

What's sufficient for kids, cannot be too wrong for adults :)

Shin

Sorry, but I need to talk about

Americo Damasceno
Hi, Shin!

In   future lessons we will present how to work using "CoBlocks".

"CoBlocks" (Cobalt Blocks) is something like a virtual LEGO, having "idiot" and
"inteligent" objects, to be grouped for the easy creation of a Cobalt island.

But the idea is that the reader of this Manual will know also how to create new
 blocks, having or not inteligence - the blocks, not the readears :-)

And he also will have the competence for the creation of islands not having the
"LEGO-like" style.

Our Manual is not a Manual for "end users" (kids of any age) . It's a Manual
for "island creators". That are not Cobalt "developers", like Julian etc. The
last  are the  "technical" people. We are the  "non-technical". And for us is
this list.

I hope that everybody can understand these 3 levels.

Sorry, but I need to talk about

Ankh'nAton
> In future lessons we will present how to work using "CoBlocks".
>
> "CoBlocks" (Cobalt Blocks) is something like a virtual LEGO, having "idiot"
> and "inteligent" objects, to be grouped for the easy creation of a Cobalt
island.

This sounds a bit like 2nd-lifes primitives :)

> Our Manual is not a Manual for "end users" (kids of any age) . It's a Manual
> for "island creators". That are not Cobalt "developers", like Julian etc. The
> last are the  "technical" people. We are the  "non-technical". And for us is
> this list.

> I hope that everybody can understand these 3 levels.

Ok. Please let me repeat.
- Cobalt developers create the classes that make up the system
- Island developers create CoBlocks and/or Smalltalk classes/scripts to
assemble their world.
- End users start Cobalt for visiting given worlds

This is quite similar to the WWW, where coding the browser, designing the web
page and surfing the web is also delegated to these three roles.

Cheers...