Sound recording

Bruce O'Neel-2

Hi all,
It seems that in 5.3, on 64 bit MacOS, does not do sound recording.
It must have worked in the past because I have the small snippets of code in my notes files that have

a := SoundRecorder new.
a clearRecordedSound.
a resumeRecording.
a pause.
a playback.

It all works, except nothing is played back because all the values deep in SoundRecorder are 0.

Was this a 32 bit plugin that does not quite work in 64 bit problem?

The Security and Confidentiality control panel does not show that Squeak has asked to use the microphone either.

Thanks.

cheers

bruce

Re: Sound recording

marcel.taeumel
Hi Bruce.

The plugin for this job is called "SoundPlugin". It is present and working in the 64-bit VM in Windows 10. I just checked.... but I cannot check it right now on macOS. Sorry.

It all works, except nothing is played back ...

So, what works? Regular playback? "Beeper beep"? Does "VM Modules" in "About Squeak" list the SoundPlugin as loaded after you tried to play or record something?

Best,
Marcel

Am 17.04.2020 11:53:31 schrieb Bruce O'Neel <[hidden email]>:

[...]

SoundPlugin is loaded.

It's recording, not playback.  Playback works fine of sounds.

AbstractSound steroBackFugue play

plays well...

Thanks.

bruce