SoundPlugin in Cog

Tapple Gao

I'm testing Cobalt with the Cog VM. I'm using Eliot's precompiled VMs at

http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2316/

They don't include SoundPlugin, and this is rather needed by Cobalt.
Is SoundPlugin supported on Cog? If so, I'd really appreciate it if
someone could compile a VM with it; none of us really know how to

Re: SoundPlugin in Cog

Eliot Miranda-2

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Matthew Fulmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm testing Cobalt with the Cog VM. I'm using Eliot's precompiled VMs at

http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2316/

They don't include SoundPlugin, and this is rather needed by Cobalt.

It does.  Its internal.  See Smalltalk listBuiltinModules.

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Matthew Fulmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm testing Cobalt with the Cog VM. I'm using Eliot's precompiled VMs at
>>
>> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2316/
>>
>> They don't include SoundPlugin, and this is rather needed by Cobalt.
>
> It does.  Its internal.  See Smalltalk listBuiltinModules.

I don't see it in the list on Windows at least (I'm on windows 7 if it
matters). also the test "SoundPlayer boinkScale" fails with a
primitive failure

Re: SoundPlugin in Cog

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Mathew,

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Matthew Fulmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Matthew Fulmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm testing Cobalt with the Cog VM. I'm using Eliot's precompiled VMs at
>>
>> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2316/
>>
>> They don't include SoundPlugin, and this is rather needed by Cobalt.
>
> It does.  Its internal.  See Smalltalk listBuiltinModules.

I don't see it in the list on Windows at least (I'm on windows 7 if it
matters). also the test "SoundPlayer boinkScale" fails with a
primitive failure

Ah, you're quite right!  The cygwinbuild/plugins.int file is missing SoundPlugin.  It's present on Mac and linux but I forgot in on Windows.  Sorry.