Sources file for 3.9

cdavidshaffer
I vaguely remember a discussion about changes which must be made to the
squeak sources file in order for it to work properly under 3.9.  Could
some kind soul forward a pointer to instructions to me.  I can't find it
in the list nor after a brief look through SystemDictionary.

The problem I'm having is that several characters in existing source
code show up as "blocks" (rectangles) so I assume it is a character
encoding problem.

David

Re: Sources file for 3.9

stéphane ducasse-2
The block character now may simply means that you have a method with
invisible character.
It happens. But this will not prevent the method to run (at least in
the case I encountered).

Stef

On 24 mai 06, at 16:54, David Shaffer wrote:

> I vaguely remember a discussion about changes which must be made to
> the
> squeak sources file in order for it to work properly under 3.9.  Could
> some kind soul forward a pointer to instructions to me.  I can't
> find it
> in the list nor after a brief look through SystemDictionary.
>
> The problem I'm having is that several characters in existing source
> code show up as "blocks" (rectangles) so I assume it is a character
> encoding problem.
>
> David

Re: Sources file for 3.9

cdavidshaffer
stéphane ducasse wrote:

> The block character now may simply means that you have a method with
> invisible character.
> It happens. But this will not prevent the method to run (at least in
> the case I encountered).
>
> Stef

I see.  Then perhaps this should be a bug report?  Attached is one of
many examples.

David

SqueakBroken.png (10K) Download Attachment

Re: Sources file for 3.9

Bert Freudenberg-3

Am 29.05.2006 um 16:49 schrieb David Shaffer:

> stéphane ducasse wrote:
>
>> The block character now may simply means that you have a method with
>> invisible character.
>> It happens. But this will not prevent the method to run (at least in
>> the case I encountered).
>>
>> Stef
>>
> I see.  Then perhaps this should be a bug report?  Attached is one of
> many examples.

Looks like the Chronology package has CRLF line endings. What you see
as a block character is the linefeed (LF) character following the
carriage return (CR) character causing the jump to the next line.

- Bert -