Speak based OS

Gareth Morgan
Hi, I'm Gareth and I'm new to Squeak (though I've programmed in other languages for about 4/5 years, mainly Java. Currently a CS student in the UK).

I'm wondering if there is an OS based around Squeak (either a VM directly on hardware or perhaps strapped onto the Linux kernel) capable of running something like the standard Squeak image (naturally with additions for the things an OS would need).

Cheers,
Gareth Morgan.

Re: Speak based OS

Jens Lincke
have a look at SqueakNOS

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1762

Gareth Morgan schrieb:

> Hi, I'm Gareth and I'm new to Squeak (though I've programmed in other
> languages for about 4/5 years, mainly Java. Currently a CS student in
> the UK).
>
> I'm wondering if there is an OS based around Squeak (either a VM
> directly on hardware or perhaps strapped onto the Linux kernel)
> capable of running something like the standard Squeak image (naturally
> with additions for the things an OS would need).
>
> Cheers,
> Gareth Morgan.

Re: Speak based OS

Gareth Morgan
Thanks for that. Seems not to have been updated for about a year but it's worth a look.