Spoon 2 alpha 10, promoted from "next" to "current"

Spoon 2 alpha 10, promoted from "next" to "current"

ccrraaiigg

Hi--

     I've released Spoon 2 alpha 10. This is now the current release (as
opposed to "next").

     http://netjam.org/spoon/releases/current

     This release adds a fileout of changes to the Squeak virtual
machine simulator, for running the Spoon memory in simulation. If the
Spoon system ever goes south, you can re-run under simulation to see
what's going on.

     My test for this release was running a remote system browser in a
Squeak 3.9 system, browsing a class in the Spoon memory which was
running in simulation on another Squeak 3.9 system.

     thanks again,

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist

Re: Spoon 2 alpha 10, promoted from "next" to "current"

Karl-19
Craig Latta skrev:

> Hi--
>
>      I've released Spoon 2 alpha 10. This is now the current release (as
> opposed to "next").
>
>      http://netjam.org/spoon/releases/current
>
>      This release adds a fileout of changes to the Squeak virtual
> machine simulator, for running the Spoon memory in simulation. If the
> Spoon system ever goes south, you can re-run under simulation to see
> what's going on.
>
>      My test for this release was running a remote system browser in a
> Squeak 3.9 system, browsing a class in the Spoon memory which was
> running in simulation on another Squeak 3.9 system.
>

>      thanks again,

I downloaded spoon.2a11.win32, and finally got to
http://localhost:8090/3 in Firefox. But clicking any link on that page
cause a error 'can't locate <a href="http://localhost:8080'">http://localhost:8080' and the spoon process
races away and keep filling up memory, when I killed it it was using
 >500 MB memory.
I'm on WinXP 32 latest.

Karl

re: Spoon release promoted from "next" to "current"

ccrraaiigg

Hi Karl--

> I downloaded spoon.2a11.win32, and finally got to
> http://localhost:8090/3 in Firefox. But clicking any link on that page
> cause a error 'can't locate <a href="http://localhost:8080'">http://localhost:8080' and the spoon
> process races away and keep filling up memory, when I killed it it was
> using 500 MB memory.
> I'm on WinXP 32 latest.

     Hurray, you're up to what should have been bug #1! :)

     I'm working on that now. What's happening (and what will probably
be the explanation for 90% of Spoon bugs from now on) is that the system
is trying to swap in a method and failing (and trying to report the
failure using still other methods it doesn't have, which sends it into a
loop). I suppose it could just give up and make some distinctive sound
instead (it has no code for interacting with the filesystem at the moment).

     The 8080 stuff is just a typo (it should be 8090). But don't just
try to visit those links at 8090, I've changed the command codes since I
wrote that code a year ago. :)

     thanks for trying it out!

-C