Spoon VM source

David Graham
Hi Craig,
Is there a location to download the Spoon VM source?  I've been playing
with Squeak4.2 on the BeagleBone (headless ARM v7 embedded platform) and
everything seems to work great OOTB (going through X11 and VNC).  I was
thinking Spoon would make a great fit for this platform.

Also, I was curious if you had any luck mixing Spoon with Cuis or CogVM?

thanks,
David

Re: Spoon VM source

ccrraaiigg

Hi David--

> Is there a location to download the Spoon VM source?  I've been
> playing with Squeak4.2 on the BeagleBone (headless ARM v7 embedded
> platform) and everything seems to work great OOTB (going through X11
> and VNC).  I was thinking Spoon would make a great fit for this
> platform.

     Cool! The Spoon VM changes are included in the "Spoon 3 alpha 3"
image (they're written in Smalltalk), from [1].

> Also, I was curious if you had any luck mixing Spoon with Cuis or
> CogVM?

     Yes, the Spoon VM changes are integrated with the Cog VM, and the
VMs in the Spoon release are Cog VMs. I have the VM simulator working
with Cuis, and am adapting Naiad, Spoon's module system, to Cuis.

     thanks,

-C

[1] http://netjam.org/spoon/releases/current

--