Spoon progress 3 October 2006: SystemDictionary deleted

1 message Options

Spoon progress 3 October 2006: SystemDictionary deleted

ccrraaiigg

Hi--

     I have successfully removed class SystemDictionary (and its sole
instance, "Smalltalk") from the minimal object memory. There is now no
global state per se, only a few objects that the VM knows about via the
"special objects array". As I described before[1], each method literal
for referring to a class is the responsibility of the class itself
(stored in the "name" slot provided by Class).

     Now I'm moving on with creating a "hello world" module (one that
just draws anything to the display). I plan to make another release when
that works.

     more to come,

-C

[1]