[SqNOS] New release and new mailing list

1 message Options

[SqNOS] New release and new mailing list

Gerardo Richarte
Hi!

first, thanks for all the feedback and kind words!

now, for the real stuff:

We've just released a new .iso image (lets call it the Montreal release,
because I'm there now :-)

you can get it from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3891&package_id=3865
as usuall.

It has all the CMOS things described in the article at
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/article/60.html. We gave you a few
days to try before giving you the finished version :-)

It also has modifications on GRUB, specially the setvbe command has been
reworked, and now it works a lot better and supports qemu -std-vga!
Also, the compiled version has support for ntfs and includes grldr, so
you can install it on a Windows partition. I'll try to write something
about different ways of installing grub to use SqueakNOS.

And this new version also includes a fix  fix in OldPCKeyboard's
scancode translation, which was preventing SqueakNOS to work properly on
qemu.

Uhm... basic support for 15 and 8 bits display was also added.

The guys at squeakfoundation opened a new mailing list for us, so we can
discuss about SqueakNOS without bothering everybody else. I think we'll
keep it for more low level and small details, but we'll still post some
ideas, questions and announcements to this squeak-dev list.*

    ok, that's it.
    take care

    gera
*