Squeak 2.8 on Raspberry Pi

Hannes Hirzel
Hi Clinton

You wrote today that you have a fork of Squeak 2.8 ** running on the
Raspberry Pi.

May I ask you which OS you have there and which VM?

Thank you in advance

--Hannes

**
(actually your own fork of Scratch which is a fork of Squeak 2.8)

Re: Squeak 2.8 on Raspberry Pi

Hannes Hirzel
P.M. The link to Clinton's work.

http://enchanting.robotclub.ab.ca/tiki-index.php

On 1/4/13, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Clinton
>
> You wrote today that you have a fork of Squeak 2.8 ** running on the
> Raspberry Pi.
>
> May I ask you which OS you have there and which VM?
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> --Hannes
>

> **
> (actually your own fork of Scratch which is a fork of Squeak 2.8)

Re: Squeak 2.8 on Raspberry Pi

Clinton Blackmore
The Raspberry PI (a $25 arm-based linux computer; http://www.raspberrypi.org/) is running the latest version of debian.  I've tested on a OS with hardware floating point support, called Raspbian “wheezy”, and on one without, called Soft-float Debian “wheezy”.

The VM package is called:

Package: squeak-vm
Version: 1:4.4.7.2357-1.1+rpi1

Yes, you are quite correct calling the image my fork of a fork of Squeak 2.8.  (I have contemplated porting the software to a newer version of Squeak, but it is a large effort without a lot of reward).

Cheers,
Clinton