Squeak 3.9 image

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
Hello,
can i ask what happened to Shout in class browser and other tools? I can
see only pretty print which i think is not as amazing as shout is in 3.8
(even if it's really Shout what i'm talking about).
Is there a possibility to have Shout in 3.9, or whatever needs to be
installed to get a syntax highlighting working?

Bye.

Re: Squeak 3.9 image

Pascal Zumkehr-2
you can get shout at http://www.squeaksource.com/shout using
monticello. Shout.3.15-tween.52 is working fine for me in squeak
3.9alpha #7032.
cheers
->pascal

Am 01.06.2006 um 01:34 schrieb Lethalman:

> Hello,
> can i ask what happened to Shout in class browser and other tools? I
> can see only pretty print which i think is not as amazing as shout is
> in 3.8 (even if it's really Shout what i'm talking about).
> Is there a possibility to have Shout in 3.9, or whatever needs to be
> installed to get a syntax highlighting working?
>
> Bye.

Re: Squeak 3.9 image

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:27:03 +0200, Pascal Zumkehr
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> you can get shout at http://www.squeaksource.com/shout using monticello.
> Shout.3.15-tween.52 is working fine for me in squeak 3.9alpha #7032.
> cheers
> ->pascal

Thanks... it works very well :)
Is there any chance Shout will be included in Squeak 3.9 at all? And if
not, why?

www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about computer technologies

Re: Squeak 3.9 image

stéphane ducasse-2
Look in the archive for a roadmap for 3.9

3.9 beta is a beta
then we will remove some packages and we should create a developer
release and a teacher one

and we will put shout, rb and all the rest in the dev image.
So far Shout is a nice package but a package. At the end nearly
everything should be a package

Stef

On 1 juin 06, at 18:30, Bruno Luca wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:27:03 +0200, Pascal Zumkehr
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> you can get shout at http://www.squeaksource.com/shout using
>> monticello. Shout.3.15-tween.52 is working fine for me in squeak
>> 3.9alpha #7032.
>> cheers
>> ->pascal
>>

> Thanks... it works very well :)
> Is there any chance Shout will be included in Squeak 3.9 at all?
> And if not, why?
>
> --
> www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about computer technologies

Re: Squeak 3.9 image

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:45:55 +0200, stéphane ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> So far Shout is a nice package but a package. At the end nearly
> everything should be a package
>
> Stef

Yes but IMHO a syntax highlighter should be basically a builtin package
for the end user.

www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about computer technologies

Re: Squeak 3.9 image

stéphane ducasse-2
An optional package that will be added in the final full image.