Squeak 3.9 on Windows

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
Hello,
i entered squeakvm.org Win32 site but there are no changes. Would be there
Squeak 3.9 with the related toolchain on Windows?

Bye.

www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about internet technologies

Re: Squeak 3.9 on Windows

Andreas.Raab
Bruno Luca wrote:
> Hello,
> i entered squeakvm.org Win32 site but there are no changes. Would be
> there Squeak 3.9 with the related toolchain on Windows?

I do not understand your question. It is correct that there is no 3.9
Windows VM at this point because VMMaker for 3.9 hasn't been finalized
yet. The toolchain won't change for 3.9 so you can use the one that is
up on SqueakVM.org.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: Squeak 3.9 on Windows

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 23:51:50 +0200, Andreas Raab <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Bruno Luca wrote:
>> Hello,
>> i entered squeakvm.org Win32 site but there are no changes. Would be
>> there Squeak 3.9 with the related toolchain on Windows?
>
> I do not understand your question. It is correct that there is no 3.9
> Windows VM at this point because VMMaker for 3.9 hasn't been finalized
> yet. The toolchain won't change for 3.9 so you can use the one that is
> up on SqueakVM.org.
>
> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

Thanks for the reply (sorry for my poor English), there will be a Squeak
3.9 VM release for Windows a day?

Bruno Luca wrote:
> Thanks for the reply (sorry for my poor English), there will be a Squeak
> 3.9 VM release for Windows a day?

Sure. Out of curiosity, is there anything you need specifically? Since
there haven't been many changes the 3.7 series (which is rock-solid)
should serve your purposes just fine.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: Squeak 3.9 on Windows

timrowledge

On 14-Jul-06, at 3:00 PM, Bruno Luca wrote:

[snip]

> Thanks for the reply (sorry for my poor English), there will be a
> Squeak 3.9 VM release for Windows a day?

I hope to have some time to attack finalizing a VMMaker package for
3.9 sometime in a couple of weeks. Actual paid work prevents much
hope if anything before that

tim
Variables won't; constants aren't.

Re: Squeak 3.9 on Windows

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 00:12:38 +0200, Andreas Raab <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Bruno Luca wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply (sorry for my poor English), there will be a
>> Squeak 3.9 VM release for Windows a day?
>
> Sure. Out of curiosity, is there anything you need specifically? Since
> there haven't been many changes the 3.7 series (which is rock-solid)
> should serve your purposes just fine.
>
> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

Yes, SqueakGtk on Windows for the first release. 3.7 VM doesn't have your
callback related changes.

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 00:17:52 +0200, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 14-Jul-06, at 3:00 PM, Bruno Luca wrote:
>
> [snip]
>>
>> Thanks for the reply (sorry for my poor English), there will be a
>> Squeak 3.9 VM release for Windows a day?
>
> I hope to have some time to attack finalizing a VMMaker package for 3.9
> sometime in a couple of weeks. Actual paid work prevents much hope if
> anything before that
>

> tim
> Variables won't; constants aren't.

I would help if i was learned on VM ;) Anyway good job.

Bruno Luca wrote:
> Yes, SqueakGtk on Windows for the first release. 3.7 VM doesn't have
> your callback related changes.

These changes may not be in the 3.9 series either. No final vote has
been made about them (personally, I'm not happy with all of the
implications) and it's getting very late in the game, too. Perhaps to
late. I don't know how Tim thinks about it but I wouldn't think it's a
problem if 3.9 comes without these changes.

Cheers,
   -Andreas

Re: Squeak 3.9 on Windows

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
Is there a way to implement your changes from an external plugin anyway?

--
www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about computer technologies
squeakgtk.pbwiki.com - Searching for developers for Gtk on Smalltalk Squeak