Squeak 4.1: Corners of window titles

Frank Shearar
I just installed the test setup of Squeak 4.1, so it's the first time
I've seen the new version. It looks good!

One teeny thing that caught my eye was this: if you look at, say, the
"What's New?" window, just above and left of the X button, you'll see
that the window title has a sharp corner. Well, yes, it's a rectangle,
after all. The gradiated colouring of the border of the window outside
that rectangle made the window look rounded in the Z axis, like the
corner of an iPhone. I think that looks rather nice.

The rectangle containing "What's New?" juts into this though, spoiling
the look just a tiny bit. It looks like a flat plane lying on top of
this rounded corner.

The minimised windows (like the Licence window) looks nice and rounded.

How could we get the open windows looking as rounded? Or, how do we
colour the window titles in a gradient matching the morph underneath the
titles?

frank

Re: Squeak 4.1: Corners of window titles

Frank Shearar
Frank Shearar wrote:

> The rectangle containing "What's New?" juts into this though, spoiling
> the look just a tiny bit. It looks like a flat plane lying on top of
> this rounded corner.

Oh, never mind. I just upgraded and the problem's resolved!

frank