Squeak 4.2-10966 OmniBrowser failure to load

Squeak 4.2-10966 OmniBrowser failure to load

Ken G. Brown
Trying to load OmniBrowser from the Help/Extending the system Workspace fails because it cannot find OCForOB-rr.2.mcz

This was discussed a fews days ago.

<http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2011-February/157209.html>

Ken

Re: Squeak 4.2-10966 OmniBrowser failure to load

Chris Muller-3
Hi Ken, I am working on a fix for this and loading of other packages
for the 4.2 release.  Please stay-tuned...

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Trying to load OmniBrowser from the Help/Extending the system Workspace fails because it cannot find OCForOB-rr.2.mcz
>
> This was discussed a fews days ago.
>
> <http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2011-February/157209.html>
>
> Ken

Re: Squeak 4.2-10966 OmniBrowser failure to load

Ken G. Brown
Sounds good, let me know if you want some testing done.

Thx,
Ken

At 12:14 PM -0600 2/8/11, Chris Muller apparently wrote:

>Hi Ken, I am working on a fix for this and loading of other packages
>for the 4.2 release.  Please stay-tuned...
>
>On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Trying to load OmniBrowser from the Help/Extending the system Workspace fails because it cannot find OCForOB-rr.2.mcz
>>
>> This was discussed a fews days ago.
>>
>> <http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2011-February/157209.html>
>>
>> Ken

Re: Squeak 4.2-10966 OmniBrowser failure to load

Jonathan Wright-2
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:23:18 -0700
"Ken G. Brown" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sounds good, let me know if you want some testing done.
>
> Thx,
> Ken
>
> At 12:14 PM -0600 2/8/11, Chris Muller apparently wrote:
> >Hi Ken, I am working on a fix for this and loading of other packages
> >for the 4.2 release.  Please stay-tuned...
> >
> >On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Trying to load OmniBrowser from the Help/Extending the system
> >> Workspace fails because it cannot find OCForOB-rr.2.mcz
> >>
> >> This was discussed a fews days ago.
> >>
> >> <http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2011-February/157209.html>
> >>
> >> Ken

I have tried loading OmniBrowser, and while it loads it errors out
while trying to use it. I issued the following command:
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project perform: #version:
with: '1.2') load: #(Dev).

I get an error when I type text in the upper bar.

Similarly, in 4.2 I cannot get seaside working.  You can add adapters
to the control panel, but they will not start.