Squeak 4.4 RC 1

Frank Shearar-3
This is prepared from a clean TrunkImage off CI by executing the
following script:

(Installer url: 'http://source.squeak.org/inbox/')
    addPackage: 'ReleaseBuilder-fbs.84.mcz';
    addPackage: 'Morphic-fbs.631.mcz';
    install.

Form openAsBackground: '/home/frank/Documents/squeak/blur_ulam_2.png'.

ReleaseBuilderFor4dot4 prepareNewBuild.

The Installer part will go away once folks are happy with my
ReleaseBuilder hacks. (The Morphic commit contains the Welcome
workspace changes.)

In the interests of not spamming every single member of the list with
an 8 MB attachment, I've asked Chris Muller to upload the file to
http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4alpha/. (If that's OK with you, of course,
Chris!)

It's getting late here, so I'm going to head off to bed.

frank

Re: Squeak 4.4 RC 1

Chris Muller-3
I can't upload it because everything in /var/www/files/ is owned by
"website" user/group, of which I am not a part.

Ken or someone could you add me to the "website" group?

PS - While I was in there the soft-link "current_development" and
"current_stable" are pointing to 4.4alpha and 4.3, respectively.
Those are owned by the "updates" user, maybe I should be added to
"updates" too.

Thanks.

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is prepared from a clean TrunkImage off CI by executing the
> following script:
>
> (Installer url: 'http://source.squeak.org/inbox/')
>     addPackage: 'ReleaseBuilder-fbs.84.mcz';
>     addPackage: 'Morphic-fbs.631.mcz';
>     install.
>
> Form openAsBackground: '/home/frank/Documents/squeak/blur_ulam_2.png'.
>
> ReleaseBuilderFor4dot4 prepareNewBuild.
>
> The Installer part will go away once folks are happy with my
> ReleaseBuilder hacks. (The Morphic commit contains the Welcome
> workspace changes.)
>
> In the interests of not spamming every single member of the list with
> an 8 MB attachment, I've asked Chris Muller to upload the file to
> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4alpha/. (If that's OK with you, of course,
> Chris!)
>
> It's getting late here, so I'm going to head off to bed.
>
> frank

Re: Squeak 4.4 RC 1

Chris Cunnington
On 2012-12-15 7:14 PM, Chris Muller wrote:

> I can't upload it because everything in /var/www/files/ is owned by
> "website" user/group, of which I am not a part.
>
> Ken or someone could you add me to the "website" group?
>
> PS - While I was in there the soft-link "current_development" and
> "current_stable" are pointing to 4.4alpha and 4.3, respectively.
> Those are owned by the "updates" user, maybe I should be added to
> "updates" too.
>
> Thanks.

Well, I think you can ftp to your home directory, upload it, and then
copy it over to the 4.4alpha directory.

I just spent a weird ten minutes changing permissions (Note Bene: I
changed them back) of that directory and I couldn't access it directly
with ftp (or sftp). I keep getting redirected to my home directory. So
it's clear I could ftp upload and then copy over.

You could do that, Chris. Or you could send the zip to me and I'll do
it. As a demonstration, I just copied a photo from the home page of the
nytimes.com to the 4.4alpha directory.

http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4alpha/nytimes_photo.jpeg

Chris

Re: Squeak 4.4 RC 1