Squeak 5.1 Windows doesn't show image name at the Top

Squeak 5.1 Windows doesn't show image name at the Top

Herbert König
Hi,

other than on RasPi the Windows version 5.1 does not show the image name
in the title bar of the application window.

Right now I have 6 images busy and on my Windows machine it's hard to
know which is which.

Oh and I noticed we changed from the Squeak mouse to the Smalltalk
balloon Icon.

Well I'd prefer the special Squek symbol over the general Smalltalk symbol.

Cheers,

Herbert

Re: Squeak 5.1 Windows doesn't show image name at the Top

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Herbert

On Windows you may use

    DisplayScreen hostWindowTitle: 'Squeak 5.1 Prod-32bit'

to set the host window title. This does not work on Linux though.

Regards
Hannes

On 9/5/16, Herbert König <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> other than on RasPi the Windows version 5.1 does not show the image name
> in the title bar of the application window.
>
> Right now I have 6 images busy and on my Windows machine it's hard to
> know which is which.
>
> Oh and I noticed we changed from the Squeak mouse to the Smalltalk
> balloon Icon.
>
> Well I'd prefer the special Squek symbol over the general Smalltalk symbol.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Herbert

Re: Squeak 5.1 Windows doesn't show image name at the Top

Bert Freudenberg

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 3:55 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Herbert

On Windows you may use

    DisplayScreen hostWindowTitle: 'Squeak 5.1 Prod-32bit'

to set the host window title. This does not work on Linux though.

It used to work on Linux – we added that for the OLPC project to show the currently loaded Etoys Project.

On 9/5/16, Herbert König <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> other than on RasPi the Windows version 5.1 does not show the image name
> in the title bar of the application window.

Sounds like a bug. The Windows VM used to show the image name as default window title.

> Oh and I noticed we changed from the Squeak mouse to the Smalltalk
> balloon Icon.
>
> Well I'd prefer the special Squeak symbol over the general Smalltalk symbol.

+1

- Bert -

Re: Squeak 5.1 Windows doesn't show image name at the Top

timrowledge

> On 06-09-2016, at 8:33 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 3:55 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Herbert
>
> On Windows you may use
>
>     DisplayScreen hostWindowTitle: 'Squeak 5.1 Prod-32bit'
>
> to set the host window title. This does not work on Linux though.
>
> It used to work on Linux – we added that for the OLPC project to show the currently loaded Etoys Project.

Works on my Pi.

> On 9/5/16, Herbert König <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > other than on RasPi the Windows version 5.1 does not show the image name
> > in the title bar of the application window.
>
> Sounds like a bug. The Windows VM used to show the image name as default window title.
>
> > Oh and I noticed we changed from the Squeak mouse to the Smalltalk
> > balloon Icon.
> >
> > Well I'd prefer the special Squeak symbol over the general Smalltalk symbol.

Me too; especially for the 20th anniversary release.

tim
Blurglar: cat burglar that relies on speed

Re: Squeak 5.1 Windows doesn't show image name at the Top

Herbert König
Thank you Hannes,

helps a lot to know who's who when the images are minimized.

Herbert

cbc

Re: Squeak 5.1 Windows doesn't show image name at the Top

cbc
The problem is that the all-in-one has this line in the squeak.ini file:
WindowTitle="Squeak 5.1 (32 bit)"
This overrides the default image name, and instead shows "Squeak 5.1 (32 bit)" in the window bar.
If you delete this line out of the squeak.ini file, it will once again show the image name.

Alternatively, of course, you could give a nice descriptive name for each image that shows in the windows bar instead.

-cbc

Am 06.09.2016 um 19:08 schrieb Chris Cunningham:
The problem is that the all-in-one has this line in the squeak.ini file:
WindowTitle="Squeak 5.1 (32 bit)"
This overrides the default image name, and instead shows "Squeak 5.1 (32 bit)" in the window bar.
If you delete this line out of the squeak.ini file, it will once again show the image name.
Even better! Thanks.

Alternatively, of course, you could give a nice descriptive name for each image that shows in the windows bar instead.

This is what I have done anyway